Sunday 11 August 2013

Crash for Cash Documentary

So I'm just catching up with 4OD's Crash for cash documentary. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/crash-for-cash/4od

Its really quite interesting, it covers operation Nacho that convicted the Wright family in Durham who committed a massive string of scams. Their fraud cost people in the area £70 - £100 extra on their car insurance policies!  The estimate is that people like you and I pay approximately an extra £40 because of this type of scam.

The documentary also shows some video footage of an example crash for cash scam.  It was really well thought out and if I had been the "victim" driver I wouldn't have realised that I had been scammed.

They show some of the surveillance methods that they use to look in to the possibly fraudulent cases, I am really quite astounded at one of them they showed where they buried on of their guys in rubble with a camera, and he stayed there all day!.

All in all interesting and well worth a watch

www.road-vision.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment